This is my first blogging award; and, I send a heartfelt “THANK YOU” to Karuna over at Living, Learning and Letting Go for including me on her list of nominees. Here are the rules for those who are nominated and want to participate in the Liebster Award process:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Share 11 things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you
- Nominate 11 blogger who have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog.
Eleven things about me
- I am a breast cancer survivor.
- I love my outdoor container garden.
- I have over 300 healthy eating cookbooks; but, I never cook from a recipe.
- I wake up every morning at 5:00 a.m. to meditate and to read inspiring words.
- I am moving toward a plant-based diet.
- My favorite dessert is Lemon Meringue Pie.
- I was embarrassed to enter the university as a freshman in 1969 because of my age (27) as well as being married with three children. But, I went anyway and graduated within four years.
- At 10-years-old, I could type 65 word per minute on a manual typewriter.
- I married my childhood sweetheart.
- I lived in Germany for two years.
- I love this season of my life and never imagined retirement and age (71) would open up so many new opportunities for me to explore. Blogging is one!!!
My answers to Kaurona’s eleven questions.
- I live in Florida, after retiring and relocating from Wisconsin four years ago.
- I speak only English. But, as a college student, to satisfy my foreign language requirements, I spent four semesters studying Swahili as well as one summer session of Xhosa.
- I love to read and it is difficult to name just one favorite book. This last year I have read and re-read “What are You Hungry For,” by Depaak Chopra. Why? To change my eating habits.
- The food I would never eat is liver. I have never tasted liver; and, I even avoid looking at it in the meat counter.
- The reason I like blogging is the ability to communicate and interact with diverse people from around the world.
- I fear swimming. I love sitting poolside. I love to practice Aqua Zumba and Water Exercises in the pool. I don’t trust floaters; and I would have a panic attack if I felt my feet could not touch the pool floor. But, I would love to swim as a form of exercise.
- Words of Wisdom to myself, “there are times, Yvonne, when you just have to be STILL.”
- In my spare time, I Read. I love to read books on my IPad and Kindle. I also listen to audio books before retiring as well as when I am exercising at the YMCA.
- I am proud that I now see the importance of accepting and acknowledging ME as well shedding the guilt of loving ME.
- I am a former worrier. I no longer stress about what I did in the past or what may happen in the future.
- I am most joyful when I am in the presence of my Hubby, Children and Grandchildren — those times when we gather as a family.
My eleven fantabulous nominees are:
- Soul My Deep
- Tinker Chimes
- The Big Scary C Word
- I Have Breast Cancer Blog
- One Wig Stand
- I’m Just Sayin Damn
- Tammy Carmona
- Phenomenal Housewives
- Furious Curious Cancer Survivor
- Bumpy Boobs
- Living Life with RA and FMS
Eleven questions for my nominees:
- What was your favorite food as a child?
- How many siblings do you have?
- If you win a million dollars what would you do with the money?
- Were you named after anyone?
- What is on your mouse pad?
- Would you rather visit Hawaii or Alaska, and why?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- What is your most treasured memory?
- What is your most terrible memory?
- Do you have a nickname?
- Are you a morning or night person?
4 thoughts on “Thanks for the Liebster Award”
Thank you for the nomination and I do plan to participate. I just need to find the time 🙂 I love your mantra and I plan on adopting it for myself. FEAR – Face Everything and Rise. Take Care. Jae Mac @ I’m Just Sayin’…(Damn!)
You are so welcome. I enjoy reading your posts.
Thank you Yvonne, that was so nice of you!
You are so welcome.