My healing container garden uplifts me spiritually, emotionally and physically. Within this special space, I relax, meditate, and most important, I AM STILL.
By Breast Cancer Yoga Staff.
Breast cancer therapy gardens can take as many forms as the plants within them, the end results are the same-healing spaces that bring comfort and peace to those who use them. The reshaping of your environment can promote prevention of health problems. Therapeutic gardens and horticulture therapy are a great part of a holistic approach to recovery.
Healing Garden Ideas:
1. Use lush, colorful planting that is varied and interesting
2. Use flowering plants over several seasons to mark the seasons and provide a sense of cyclical rhythm throughout the year.
3. Use trees whose foliage moves easily and creates noise even in a slight breeze.
4. Use plants and other devices (such as feeders and birdbaths) to attract birds and butterflies.
5. Use a harmonious variety of plant textures, forms and colors.
6. If possible, add a water feature. Moving water creates a…
View original post 214 more words
5 thoughts on “12 Ideas For Breast Cancer Healing Gardens That Bring Comfort And Peace”
Yvonne, I so appreciate your comment. FEAR is an aspect of being frozen and it serves no one. I choose life, new interests and especially my beautiful blooming gardens.
I agree and thank you, again, for the helpful information shared in your posts.
I guess this was the reason my mother took to gardening, she grew tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, etc., besides saving money this was her way of feeling good and meditation for her mind.
Prior to retiring and two life-threatening illness gardening of any type was the farthest thing from my mind. Today, gardening opens my mind, body and spirit.
It’s great when we find our passions, make life more enjoyable.