As I continue to uncover New Information about my maternal family history, New Questions arise.
A recent Ancestry.com query by my paternal niece revealed this unknown information about my maternal great-grandmother, Minerva. She was born about 1888, in Mississippi, and was one of 13 children, seven brothers and six sisters. Her father, Gilbert, was 22 and her mother, Mary, was 13.
Minerva had one child, a daughter named Minnie, born in 1905.
- I know about five sisters, Roxy, Sally, Willie, Minerva, and Josie. What happened to the sixth sister?
- I know about three brothers, Thomas, Robert and Johnny. What happened to the other four brothers?
- When and where did Gilbert and Mary get married?
- When and where were Gilbert and Mary born?
- When and where did Gilbert and Mary die?
- When and where were the siblings born?
- When and where did the siblings die?
- The name of my grandmother, Minnie’s, father.
Answers to these questions will provide New Information, leading to New Questions and my maternal family search to “know from whence we came” will continue.