I am in desperate need of a comeback following a healthy living setback from Thanksgiving through the Christmas holidays.
My Healthy Lifestyle Plan
Preparing for a healthier new year, I explored a number of options. Finally, I chose to re-start a program I had tried back in 2010. Even though I completed the eight-week Creation Health seminar, “God’s Eight Principles for Living Life to the Fullest,” I never fully lived up to the eight principles:
- C = Choice
- R = Rest
- E = Environment
- A = Activity
- T = Trust
- I = Interpersonal
- O = Outlook
- N = Nutrition
Setting weekly INTENTIONS for each CREATION principles is the path I choose to follow on this journey to live a healthy lifestyle.
WEEK ONE – INTENTIONS
- CHOICE – take time to stop and breathe deeply throughout the day to improve decision-making skills.
- REST – between 7-8 hours nightly and pace my daily activities.
- ENVIRONMENT – visit a local park or botanical garden.
- ACTIVITY exercise the mind, body and spirit by taking time for mindfulness/meditation practices, workout at my fitness center, yoga, photography, adult coloring and painting projects.
- TRUST – through stillness and silence there will be a resolution to conflicts that may enter my space..
- INTERPERSONAL – reconnect with a friend and/or extended family member.
- OUTLOOK – daily record five things that I am grateful for in my online Gratitude Journal App.
- NUTRITION – follow a healthy diet and prepare a meal using a recipe from one of the healthy eating cookbooks gathering dust in a closet under the stairs.
Journeying Toward a Healthy New Year
I look forward to this healthy living journey and the opportunity to share both my challenges and successes in a weekly post.