Week 7: INTENTIONS
Thank you Silver Threading for hosting Mindful Monday – Healthy Living. My INTENTIONS for Week 7:
- Prepare three healthy dishes from new cookbook.
- Neighborhood mindfulness walk and capture nature photos x 1 day.
- Fitness workout (cardio and circuit weights) x 3 days.
- Indoor mall walk x 2 days
- Walk through local botanical garden and capture nature photos x 1 day.
- Color one page in a mindfulness coloring books
Last week, I made the CHOICE to live by the CREATION Health principles in the following ways:
I met my goal of sleeping 7-8 hours nightly. According to my Fitbit, the 7-day average was 8 hours and 50 minutes.
At-home access to a stress reducing and spiritual uplifting ENVIRONMENT is a blessing.. When I am unable to get out and about, my Healing Container Garden is always there.
Early Morning, at-home exercises for the:
- Body – physical therapy home exercises x 2 days for 15 mins.
- Mind and Spirit – three guided meditation practices.
I did get in three days of additional exercise for the Body;
- 30-minute LA Fitness walk on the treadmill;
- 60-minute mall walk; and
- 40-minute mindfulness walk through the neighborhood.
When it comes to TRUST and SELF-TRUST, I admit to being a work-in-progress. Through self-education, I hope to find answers.
This week, I read the first three chapters of, “The Courage to Trust: A Guide to Building Deep and Lasting Relationships.” I completed two Self-Discovery Questionnaires:
- How Much Do You Trust Yourself – Based on my responses, the answer: “Distrust of yourself is destroying your self-confidence.
- How Much Do You Really Trust Others – Based on my responses, the answer: “Your distrust of others is very high, limiting the depth of intimacy.” This was quite revealing given my 0=none response to the question, “Do you believe you don’t know how to have truly intimate relationships.”
I no longer wish to live as a “a naked person” who distrusts self and others. Before my space opens up to Trust and Self-Trust, I must first learn to discover, embrace and express love of self. I am working on it.
To uplift the mind, body and spirit, I decided to take part in the 8-Week Palouse Mindfulness online training program. Organized and coordinated on Facebook by Sister Blogger, Elizabeth, over at My Eyes Are Up Here.”
Last week, the focus was on communication. The reading materials and videos provided a lot of helpful information to improve both our listening skills and managing anger.
Going through this training on communication was an eye-opening learning experience.
Daily, I worked at maintaining a positive OUTLOOK by:
- practicing daily morning meditations; and
- sharing inspiring quotes with friends and family on Facebook and Instagram.
Instead of drinking diet sodas daily, my 24-year-old granddaughter challenged me to change to lemon water. I found a number of articles in support of this and was surprised to learn of the many benefits. Now, a glass of lemon water is always close by.