Heartfelt appreciation to Karuna who blogs over at Living Learning and Letting Go for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award nomination. Karuna has opened many interesting and exciting doors for me to enter. Ones that I never knew existed. One example is the post, A Place for Me, where she poses the question, “Why do I want to be in Amritapuri?” she gives us 20+ answers to this question. I urge you to visit Karuna’s blog. It’s an interesting place to go.
Seven Facts About Me
- Some may describe me as old; but, I am a SeasonedSistah and view age as merely a number. At the young age of 71, I make a choice everyday to live life to its fullest — letting go of the past, worrying about the future, and focusing on the present moment.
- I have health issues, but I choose not to let Breast Cancer, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, or Sleep Apnea define and/or control my life. I choose to follow the path leading to peace, happiness, and love.
- I took my first Yoga, Zumba, and Aqua Zumba classes when I was 70-years-old.
- I started practicing meditation two years ago — 5:00 a.m., daily is my meditation time.
- I have collected over 300 healthy eating cookbooks since 2010. Last year, I tried my first recipe and since then — nothing. I will add this to my bucket list.
- Surrounding me in love is my nuclear family — Hubby, Three Middle-Aged Children, Five Beautiful Grandchildren; as well as my large extended family and friends.
- For the past six months, I have moved toward a plant-based diet. But, it’s still a work in progress.
My Fifteen Award Blogging Nominees Are:
- Angela’s Accurate Administrative Services
- Another One with the Cancer
- Kentucky Mountain Girl
- Lights Cancer Action
- Lymphnode Transplant
- Peace Love Great Country Music
- Rectal Cancer My Ass
- Tammy Carmona
- Walk with Me On My Journey to the Road of Happiness and A Life of Fulfillment
- Cancer: My Journey Back to Health-Kicking and Screaming the Whole Damn Way
- Kentucky Mountain Girl News
- Beyond Breast Cancer
- Furious Curious Cancer Survivor
7 thoughts on “Thank You for the Nomination: Very Inspiring Blogger Award”
Thank you for this wonderful award. Writing my blog has brought me much joy, including “Meeting” other amazing bloggers and learning so much from their informative writing… Thank you 😃😃
I’m so glad you accepted the award. I enjoyed learning so much more about you in this post. Zumba and Yoga…. great! I once took a class from a yoga instructor who was in her 80’s at the time….and she had started yoga very late in her life. You are an incredible role model for being committed to your growth no matter what stands in your way. Thank you for being you.
Thank you for the nomination. You are a very inspiring person yourself! I’m going to take a page from YOU and try to change some things for the better.
I’m honored that you thought of me. xoxo Congrats to you Yvonne! ♥
Wow!Yvonne!? I can’t believe this has been up since June and I’m seeing it a month later. Thank you for the nomination and the beautiful way you make the ‘harsh’ realities of life seem easy through your writing. I’m glad I decided to check out your page and every time someone else sees it, they are truly awed. Hugs!
Thank you. I really enjoyed your post about food, family, and traditions at Christmas. Blogging has introduced me to so many different people, places, and things. Thank you for introducing me to a part your culture.
I’m smiling Yvonne. You are welcome. I’m glad you could be a part of that aspect of my life and enjoy it too…even when you didn’t get to taste the food! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person