In my last post, “Blog, Why” I shared with you:
- a few negative comments from non-bloggers who expressed their beliefs about why people blog;
- my inability to respond openly and honestly when asked by friends and family, “Why Do You Blog.” and
- why I was taking time off from blogging to go within and explore “Why I Blog”.
When I stepped away from blogging and travelled inward to find words that authentically expressed “Why I Blog,” I came up with a number of reasons and these are just a few:
- I blog for Self-Expression – I silenced my voice many, many years ago and readily accepted the role of “listener”. But in this last season of life, I wanted to share my experiences, opinions, and rants. I needed a platform to “speak up,” “speak clear, and “speak out. ” And, I found it . My voice gets stronger every day on Blogosphere as well as when I communicate with people face-to-face.
- I blog for Self-Care – Ten years ago, it dawned on me that I have a paternal family Alzheimer’s and Dementia history. Of my three paternal aunts, two lived into their seventies, both were diagnosed with the conditions and, the third died in her forties. My only two paternal female cousins who both lived past the age of sixty were diagnosed as well. Blogging is one of the things that I do to exercise my brain. And, staying mentally alert is especially important given my age, seventy-two, and family history.
- I blog for Self-Education – I communicate with Bloggers around the world. Through these Blogs, my life opens up to new things, places, cultures and lifestyles. Whenever, I go to my Reader and/or visit a Blog, I can expect to learn something new.
- I blog for Self-Awareness – “Living in the Present Moment,” Stillness, and “Quiet” did not play a role in my life until I entered Blogosphere a little over two years ago. This is when yoga, meditation and mindfulness entered my space. Though, still a work-in-progress, through these practices, I now do a better job of understanding who I am and how I relate to what happens in my life both the positive and the negative.
- I blog for Self-Love” – Blogging for me is very nurturing; and, I am worthy of doing what I enjoy and all that brings tranquility and happiness into my space.
This is my last blog post until Monday, April 27, I am taking a break to spend seven fun-filled days with my two beautiful granddaughters who will be visiting us during their spring break.
After the granddaughters leave, Hubby and I are taking several mini vacations to celebrate our 55th Wedding Anniversary.