Sending a huge thank you over to Lisa at Rebirth of Lisa for this second nomination to receive the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.
When I get a “Like” or “Comment” from a new blogger, I always take time to visit their blog. And, this is how I found Rebirth of Lisa. Her About Page hooked me; especially, the second paragraph:
“You will find my inter thoughts and lessons I have learned about life, love and the world. I am open and honest and though I may offend some, my intent is only to tell my truth. Topics will vary depending on what’s on my brain at the moment and I will try to infuse a little humor.”
After reading the About Page, I immediately hit the “follow button”; and. I have not been disappointed.
Here Are The Rules
- Thank the blogger that nominated you.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate seven blogs.
Questions from Lisa
- What is your favorite book? I love every word spoken or written by Maya Angelou, but my favorite is “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.”
- Michael Jackson or Prince? Having teenagers in the home during the 70s and 80s, my home was filled with music from both. But, in my opinion, Michael Jackson was a musical genius and there is no comparison.
- Where is your favorite place to vacation? Six years ago, my two daughters gifted me with our first Mother-Daughter Vacation in Martha’s Vineyard. I love visiting the Island but, most of all, I enjoy spending quality time with the daughters and my grandchildren.
- Who is your favorite writer? Maya Angelou followed by Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
- If you could have a super power what would it be? I would choose as my Super Power the ability to eradicate social injustice, discriminatory practices, and unequal treatment against those viewed as “the other” or “different” in our country.
- What’s your favorite snack? Popcorn, popped the old fashion way is my favorite. But, I am not opposed to microwave popcorn.
- What’s on your pizza? Vegetables only. Though, before moving toward eating healthy, it was either Pepperoni and, occasionally, The Supreme (everything).
- Name three things you like about yourself. My Faith, Compassion, and Kindness.
- Who was your favorite teacher and why? Over the years, there have been many teachers who advised and guided me through these many seasons of life. Of course, my mother was the #1 and there are far too many to name.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Lemon Meringue Pie. I only buy it by the slice; otherwise, I would eat the whole pie.
My Nominees for This Award
- Sincerely, Jess
- Pearl Before Swine
- The Understanding of Dee
- Our Rumbling Ocean
- Mountain Mornings
- Misifusa’s Blog
- My Eyes Are Up Here
Here Are My Questions for the Above Nominees
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
- What was the last movie that made you cry?
- If you won the lottery, what is the first things you would do?
- Have you ever had a nickname, what is it?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
- If you had to evacuate your house immediately, what is the one thing you would grab on the way out?
- What is one food that you will not eat?
- Would you rather use Facebook or Twitter?